DNA Dragon - DNA Sequence Contig Assembler Software
- Reads the most popular sequence formats: (FASTA, GenBank, EMBL, SCF, ABI, AB1, SSF, Next Generation).
- Multiple trimming features: vector, quality and length trimming.
- Fast assembly machine handles projects with more than 100000 sequences.
Supported file formats
Loads sequence, trace or flowgram samples also by drag and drop:
- Project files
- XML DNA Dragon XML project (*.XML)
- Sequence file formats
- EMBL (*.eb;*.ebi;*.embl)
- GenBank (*.gb;*.gen;*.genbank;*.txt)
- FASTA (*.fa;*.fas;*.fast;*.fasta;*.fs;*.fsa;*.fsta)
- Next generation sequencing file formats
- ABI SOLiD files (*.gff)
- SOLiD CSFASTA files (*.csfasta)
- Solexa Compact ASCII Read Format, SCARF (s_*_sequence.txt)
- Illumina _seq.txt files (*.txt)
- Illumina FASTQ files (*.fastq)
- Illumina Qseq files (*_qseq.txt)
- 454 standard flowgram files (*.sff)
- Alignment file formats
- Sequence Alignment/Map (SAM) Format (*.sam)
- Binary Alignment Format (*.bam) (*.bam) [in progress]
- Trace file formats
- SCF (*.scf)
- ABI (*.abi;*.ab1)
A sample navigator tree makes the project structure (contigs and samples) very clear. From here the samples are selected, then trimmed and assembled.
Trimming and untrimming features:
- Vector-Clipping with automatic pseudocircularization (50 bases). You can detect putative vector motifs in the sequences without any previous knowledge.
- Sequence quality-based trimming
- Length trimming
- Untimming: restores clipped ends.
Assembly machine and contig editor
Various options to change the assembly parameters are available. The fast, index-based assembly of sequences with automatic sorting of the sequences within the contigs (offset and trim ends) makes the project management a pleasure.
The proofreading of the contigs (sequence alignment), i.e. comparison of bases with their traces, and the export/copy of the consensus sequences is almost self-explanatory.